“One-Eighty? Really?”

We are watching the series, “The Dropout” about the woman who was CEO for a fake company and became a billionaire.

It’s all right, but the key to the last episode was that they showed a corporate event where everyone who works together, plays together.

Made me think of such an event from about twenty years ago.

It was a beautiful summer day and we were told to wear casual summer clothes. 

One of the team-building events was a tug of war over a pit of mud.

Anyone who wanted to participate had to put their weight down on a card and you were pitted against someone of similar size.

I weighed about 225 at the time.

I wrote 180 on the card.

They called out my name and then called out the name of my opponent.

Glen was one of the partners at the insurance agency. On the way to the pit he asked again:

“What do you weigh?”

“180,” I said. “You?”

“175,” he answered. “Should be a good matchup.”

It lasted about 8 seconds.

I yanked him directly, face-first into the mud. I was surprised it had been so easy. 

I also laughed, and so did the 30 people who saw it.

Glen screamed out:

“You don’t f***ing weigh 180!”

I tried to help him up.

He slapped at my hand.

His eyes were caked with mud.

I may have laughed again.

Thing is, he never talked to me again!

I tried to apologize a couple of times, but gave up on it.

Mean?

Maybe.

But 20 years later, it made me laugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie