Winter Blues

I was fired up to get back to work. Had plenty to do.

But man, the winter is a trying time to get excited.

“I’m in a bit of a funk.”

I heard that from three different people during the course of the day.

And of course, there’s good reason:

1). It’s cold! 

I put on my big socks. Started my car early. Layered up.

Was still a tad nippley.

2). Dark 

It’s dark when you get up. Dark when you get home. The sky is cloudy - big, dark clouds that push down on you.

3). Covid

No one wants to hear it. Masks on. There’s vaccine available. We can’t seem to be able to get to it to people (and little pet peeve here - I hate the old “we gotta’ get shots into arms” talk - every announcer uses that phrase!)

Virus, masks, social distance, death, lack of ICU beds.

Yeah - that’ll get you in a funk!

4). Yankees 

They haven’t made a move yet!

Let’s go!!

Sign DJ!!!

5). No Golf

Man, I miss it!

I know of at least 3 other guys who are in a no-golf funk.

6). Political Fights

It just keeps going and going and going and going.

Make it stop.

7). Post Holiday Blues

A weird Christmas and an even weirder New Year.

But there were days off mixed in and now we’re all looking at a 5-day work week before the Bills playoff game on Saturday.

What?

Oh yeah!

The Bills are going to win it all!

“They are going to win it,” Kathy said. “Because it’s such a crazy, bullshit year that it makes sense that they win.”

Maybe they gotta’ pull it off...

...’cause the sun seems a long, long, long way off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie