Forward March

I spent most of the day on Wednesday driving around, listening to the news from D.C.

It started with the departure, to ‘My Way’ by Sinatra.

Frank must’ve rolled in his grave. I’m reminded of a tweet that said:

“Sinatra would’ve hated Trump.”

Nancy Sinatra responded:

“He DID hate him!”

So, that’s what I thought about as he mercifully left.

Then it was on to the inauguration and it felt more like a new year than what happened in January 1st.

The executive orders were flying by late evening.

America rejoined the Paris Climate Accord.

America rejoined the World Health Organization.

A Covid plan was developed and masks were made mandatory on Federal properties.

There was a press briefing where questions were asked and answered without snark and falsehoods.

Then my favorite part of the day:

President Biden met his staff and he greeted them with a message that said (paraphrasing)

“If you treat anyone rudely, or don’t respect them, and I hear it, I’ll fire you. We need to respect one another again. We’ve been short of respect in the last little while.”

That’s a relief.

That’s so refreshing.

Set everything aside regarding policies or procedures or any other thing that people like to disagree about.

We certainly need more fairness and respect.

Not sure how long it will last...

...but it felt good for a little while yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie