Everything Sucks!

I noticed yesterday morning that I’m waking up annoyed.

Like every morning.

Now, the problem with that is that all of my life I’ve jumped out of bed as if I were being shot from a cannon.

Up and out! 

Seize the day!! 

Definitely not lately.

And the thing is, it’s taking me three or four hours to snap out of it.

“How’s it going?” A longtime work acquaintance asked.

“I don’t know, man. I’ve been in a funk.”

“Gee,” he said. “I wonder why. Is it the pandemic that doesn’t go away, or the threat of a civil war?”

I laughed.

“Or maybe it’s the cold, or the tragic accidents that you’ve had to investigate.”

Four real good reasons.

“This too shall pass,” he said. “That’s what my Grandma always said.”

“You think?” I asked.

“No!” He yelled. “Everything sucks!”

I laughed.

Was out of my funk for Thursday.

But, he had a point.

It seems that when my eyes open the sudden realization of it all begins.

People I know and love are on the other side of the political gulf.

There have been a number who have mentioned that:

- wearing a mask is just stupid.

- the attack on the Capitol was warranted.

- Trump was sent by God to fix things.

- we need unity!

And there are moments when it doesn’t feel as if it will pass.

January 20th has been the target date for a long, long time.

We are five days away.

Things aren’t going to magically get better.

“Look at the gas prices now under Biden!” Someone posted on Facebook.

I started to answer...

...then stopped.

Wanted to mention that Biden didn’t raise the gas prices because Biden isn’t even the freaking president right now!!!

But I just muted it and hid the post.

It’ll pass.

Hopefully.

Right now, EVERYTHING SUCKS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie