Fresh Air

A soft, cool breeze blew through our home on Thursday morning.

I was up early for work.

“Johnny’s here,” Kathy said. “And why are you up so early?”

“I go to work,” I said. “It’s 6:30. When did he get here?”

“Around midnight.”

Of course, I wasn’t going to see him until the work day was done, but I went to work happy. 

Sam and Jake love visiting with their cousin, and Sam and John are an awful lot like Me and Jeff.

We decided on pizza for dinner. John would join me in eating pizza with anchovies and onions. 

“Johnny, come here!” I called. “Pick up the pizzas and groceries.” 

I handed him the money he needed.

They were back quickly but had grabbed extra food and John handed me the groceries and my money back.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“I paid for it,” John said.

“No!” Sam called from the other room. “He had MY credit card!”

Yeah.

John’s Dad did that to me every single chance he got.

We had dinner on Friday and talked about the Bills game. He stopped out to see my Mom and my sister.

And he drove me nuts...

...because he lives for such things.

Then he cleaned up Sam’s room, helped clean up the mess they made while they had fun, and he told us all about his life.

A breath of fresh air...

...in a week that was strife with a lot of anxiety.

He drove 10.5 hours...

...to watch the Bills playoff game with his cousin...

“I hope they win,” he said. “Or it’s gonna’ be a long ride back.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie