Start It Better!

So, on Friday morning, I made a conscious decision to emerge from bed in a better mood. 

Someone once mentioned that you can actually choose your mood for the day.

I was going to choose to be happy!

I told Paris and Miller all about my plan as the alarm sounded at 5:44 a.m.

Needed to make it work. So I considered the plan.

1). No immediate Twitter so I didn’t see the sad news stories.

2). Consider the tasks for the day. I had a full day with a lot of driving so:

3). Music and funny stuff (Kim sent me a good podcast - the plan was to laugh through that and then go to the good old rock and roll.

4). Think through writing stuff as I drove.

Sounds like a better plan than worrying about a pandemic or a potential civil war.

Off I went!

All dressed, I turned on the coffee, and started my car after letting Paris and Miller outside.

I whistled as I did it.

Sipped my coffee as I watched my pets move about the back yard.

Time to go!

Opened the back door and Paris ran in and gave me a great greeting.

“Okay, let’s get Miller.”

I headed across the yard, calling Miller. He never looked away from the creek beyond the fence where the squirrels were playing.

I got to him and he squealed his displeasure.

“Let’s go! In the house!”

He wasn’t moving. 

I bent down and scooped him up...

...and that’s when I realized that the cat didn’t get the “good mood” memo.

Bastard bit me!

Not to mention the scratching!

I yelled at him, and kept carrying him.

He screamed.

And bit me again!

Nearly 15 years living with a pit bull who never once growled at me!

Bastard!

Hard to remain totally upbeat when the cat attacks you 20 minutes in.

The good news is that we had a heart-to-heart at the end of the work day.

All good in Millerville.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie