Flight From Hell

My beautiful wife wrote the directions down for me. 

I was ready to leap into the 2000’s by attempting to watch television on my phone on the airplane!

I don’t have the patience for any of the sign-in crap so I normally just put on a Bruce record and sleep.

But the games were on!

On the first leg of the journey I set it up. I followed the directions and actually did it!

I watched Brady throw 3 touchdown passes in the first half. It was great fun!

Had my layover where I charged my phone and got ready for the Bills game.

They loaded us all up and sat us at the gate for a half an hour. 

The plane was packed with Chiefs fans as we were headed to Kansas City. I told the guy across the aisle that I was from Buffalo.

“Should be a good game,” I said.

“I’m thinking blowout,” he responded.

The guy beside me was also a Chiefs fan, but he wasn’t so cocky. He spoke well of Allen and the Bills O.

I tried to sign in.

Nothing.

Started to panic.

The guy next to me signed in and the end of the Tampa game was on.

By the time the Bills game started we had all crashed the wi-fi.

There was a lot of angst, but then one-by-one everyone was on. Then we were all freezing up.

The rest of the flight was comical as no one was on time and some people were one, two, or three plays behind.

One Chiefs fan would laugh when the Chiefs did something good.

It was weird. He laughed, and then he said the same thing, “No one gonna beat the Chiefs. They’re great.”

I must have heard him say that 25 times.

The interior of the plane was stuffy as they cranked up the heat.

I had a headache.

From the Chiefs fans cheering.

The guy across the aisle who predicted the blowout said:

“38-15. Maybe next year. Probably not.”

“Congrats,” I said. “Now you get to lose to the 🐐 again.”

“I doubt it,” he said.

“Didn’t he beat them in KC a couple of years ago?”

That quieted them all for a little bit.

On the way out the guy next to me said, “It’s no consolation, but Bills had a nice season.”

“I watched them lose 4 straight Super Bowls,” I said. “This ain’t nothing.”

He laughed.

We landed.

Entered the airport to the announcement:

“The Chiefs are killing Buffalo, late in the 4th!”

Yippee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie