Pig Pen šŸ·

I try to pack light when I’m on the road. 

It makes for some odd-looking outfits.

Now, I usually travel in sweatpants and a tee-shirt because they crank the heat up so high in the plane that I feel as if I’m in a sauna.

But I also wear my work boots because if I packed them my bag is too heavy. I pack just a pair of slip-on shoes.

Also, since it was just a two-day trip, I only packed one pair of jeans.

That’s the scenario.

I didn’t count on the mud.

On Monday, I walked the job sites and I got absolutely filthy. 

There was mud caked everywhere, and since I didn’t have a towel or anything to clean my hands, I just kept wiping them on my hoodie or my jeans.

Monday evening at the hotel, I had a decision to make. I could run out and buy a new pair of jeans or I could just make it through...

...absolutely filthy.

I’ve never been what one might call a snappy dresser.

In my defense, I was just heading back out into the mud.

So, I started Tuesday...

...filthy.

Then I went to a horribly muddy site.

It was getting way worse!

At lunchtime, I pulled up to a drive-thru and ordered a couple of extra hot tacos.

Then I tried to eat and drive.

The hot sauce dripped down my arm.

Tomatoes and lettuce fell into my lap.

There were black beans caked into little mud balls.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror...

...and started laughing.

Then I thought of the bigger problem...

...I had to go through security at the airport to board my flight.

I looked homeless.

So, I found a restroom, and did my best to clean up.

Boarded the plane, and watched the poor flight attendant bend down to scoop up a hunk of mud that fell from my shoe.

There was an onion in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie