Harry & Meghan Quit

So, Harry & Meghan shocked the Royals by saying:

“We’re out!”

It’s actually a fairly big story here in America...

...over there, forget about it!

It’s all anyone seems to be talking about, and a lot of people are saying some truly disparaging things about Harry.

“He wants out, but he wants to be in as far as the money is concerned!” One angry guy pointed out. “If they want to get out, they should leave with just the clothes on their backs.”

Here’s the thing:

I don’t blame them at all!

Harry’s mother lost her life because of how she was pursued. Meghan has been dragged through the mud since day one.

Perhaps because she is an American.

Maybe because she was divorced...

...or half-black?

The wedding was a royal deal and the world watched her every move. Her parents were a bit different compared to all those high and mighty.

Meghan was compared to Princess Di and Kate Middleton and no matter how she carried herself...

...it wasn’t good enough.

They figured out that it never would be.

And Harry wants to protect his wife from suffering the sort of fate that took his Mom.

As for the money, it’s kinda’ what I figure about all those who hoard money.

How much does one need???

I was chatting about that with one construction dude. He mentioned the $35 million Mike Trout makes for one season of playing baseball.

“I’d play one year,” the guy said. “I’d win the MVP and the batting title and as soon as the season ended, I’d retire. I’d take my money and hide away. No one would ever see me again.”

Exactly!

Now I enjoy work as much as the next guy but holding out for more money? Trying to get to a billion?

For what?

How many times over do you have to provide for your family?

Wouldn’t you maybe want to do something for someone else???

There was a recent listing of known billionaires...

...some of them have not ponied up even one thin dime.

They’re hardly taxed and they aren’t charitable. Their money sits there until they die.

And maybe I’ve got a little off-track here but it boils down to the same thing:

Harry and Meghan don’t want to play dress up and tag with the paparazzi.

They’re done.

Out!

God Bless ‘em.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie