Are You Used to Writing 2020 Yet?

I’m not.

It’s a little weird...

...2020.

I knew it was coming, but writing 2020 is strange.

It seems like a date from way out of the future.

It’s been a really mild winter too so I’m way out of whack. We normally go somewhere in January but not this year. Kathy can’t move yet...

...so we’ll tough it out.

But what really freaks me out about it is that 1990 was 30 years ago.

I graduated from college 34 years ago...

...high school 38 years ago!

So, 2020 certainly does seem like a date that was way off in the future.

Carl Reiner is 98 years old.

He posts on twitter from time to time and I think of him trying to figure out how much life has changed during the course of his life.

Someone born in 1922 has watched life really, really change. He can recall the Great Depression, television becoming the main form of entertainment.

He may even remember watching Babe Ruth play.

World War II, Vietnam, Human Rights...

...one advancement after another.

Of course, Carl Reiner was a giant in comedy. His son, Rob, made it big in Hollywood too.

98 years old...

...that would be 43 more years.

2063?

That’s a long, long way off into the future.

You know what Carl Reiner posted yesterday:

“I just want to stay alive long enough to vote for a real human to be the next president.”

It made me laugh.

A 98-year old man on Twitter.

Think he could have comprehended such a thing back in, say, 1935?

I just find it truly interesting and my curiosity in living is what is disappointing...

...don’t you want to see how it might all work out in 2100 or 2150?

One last thing on being 98 years old...

...you gotta’ really want to be 100, right?

I hope Carl Reiner makes it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie