Zero Aggravations

I’m not kidding here...

...for the first time in my life I felt as if I were burning out.

Between work, the holidays, Kathy’s injury and feeling as if I were constantly under pressure, I finally listened to my body and the screams of all that work with me.

“Take some time off!”

There were people taking bets that I’d work more than 3 out of the 5 days that I was scheduled to take off.

I knew I couldn’t do that this time.

“What are the plans?” Kathy asked.

“Just zero pressure or aggravations,” I answered.

I purposely changed my routine...

...no rushing out of bed.

...no heading to the corner for the paper.

...staying away from the emails.

We finally got to a few movies that had been sitting in the bullpen.

The Joker was great. Greenbook was fun. We are all caught up on Ray Donovan.

And I made one other decision:

No Trump.

None of his idiotic interviews.

I’d check in on the impeachment trial but only for as long as I could watch or listen without being irritated.

Haven’t lasted more than 3 minutes.

It’s absolute nonsense and our democracy is being threatened...

...but I can’t worry about it this week.

Jeter didn’t get 100%...

...ah well.

Not this week.

I can’t be bothered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie