There’s a Bitter Wind A-Blowin’

It looked sunny enough out there.

I got a late start on Wednesday morning because I’d spent two days in Boston listening to every single person I saw up there wonder what Tom Brady is going to do next year.

Some of those guys know that I’m coming from the Buffalo area and every one, to a man, went out of their way to let me know they were rooting for the Bills.

“Man, they had a great season,” one guy mentioned. “They might have something there.”

“Are you over the Pats losing?” I asked.

“Well, it was a lousy team! You can’t win a wild card game, you gotta’ consider that a bad team.”

It’s all perspective, I guess. The Bills also couldn’t win a wild card game.

I didn’t mention that.

But back to Wednesday.

It looked sunny!

I was out of the car and walking towards a huge scaffold that no one was on.

The wind caught my five-head (as the boys call it) and I muttered a little something:

“Holy shit!”

Frozen!

The site inspection didn’t take long and I headed for the trailer.

“Damn it’s cold,” I said.

“Well, it is January,” the supervisor said.

Yep.

Buffalo in the winter.

It’s supposed to get colder.

More snow too.

But a lot of Buffalo people will be happy to know that Boston fans are suffering.

“I heard Brady is going to Dallas,” I said as I was leaving the trailer in Boston.

“WHAT?? WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT?”

I didn’t have the heart to tell him I was making it up.

(BTW...something is wrong with me. Here in Buffalo I aggravate people by rooting for the Patriots. When I’m in Boston I aggravate them by rooting against Brady).

No.

I don’t know why.

It’s just fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie