MLK Day

I suppose the greatest sadness I feel as a result of the Trump presidency is the realization that rampant racism is alive and well.

I really thought that we were a lot further down the road. We’d elected a black president!

Turns out, only some have evolved in thought...

...and the crazy thing is that a whole bunch of people say that Obama was the racist!

Evidently he stoked racial tensions by lending a sympathetic ear to communities devastated by police shootings of black citizens.

It’s impossible to comprehend what people feel free to say on social media.

About Obama and his family.

About Latinos and Asians.

Crazy stuff.

We aren’t very far along and on MLK Day 2020...

...I’m a little sad about that.

“Here’s my African-American!” Trump gleefully shouted at one rally.

These days he’s saying that he has more blacks working than anyone, ever, in history!

Who, at this point in this sordid mess, doesn’t acknowledge that he’s been racist in thoughts and actions since he came down that escalator.

And that’s sad.

“How bad can it be?” One of my kids asked the day after the election in ‘16.

“We made a lot of progress,” I said. “I’m afraid that before he’s done he will erase all that.”

It happened way before he is done.

There will be a tweet today...

... he’ll acknowledge MLK and tout the black unemployment numbers...

...then he’ll tweet or say something else...

...that takes us back to remind us that the plan was always to make America hate again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie