Darkness

I watched the new Eminem video for a song called ‘Darkness’.

He wrote the song from the perspective of the shooter in Las Vegas.

The lyrics, mixed with the video, made my heart sink.

So disturbing.

That’s the thing that all of us who haven’t been thankfully involved in a mass shooting...

...can’t really feel the panic.

The rage.

The loss.

The endless grief.

Just goes from one shooter to the next.

And I’ve been following Eminem’s career for a little while now...

...because he is an artist, and he can write...

...which took me a long time to accept.

He was the one who kinda’ arrived in the scene in a whirlwind of controversy.

I thought he was a hoodlum, a gangster, a no-talent creation of the mass media.

It’s a video that hit hard.

Makes a guy just sitting here want to do something to stop something like that from ever happening again.

It’s too bad that there are so many people pulling on the other direction of the rope of progress and humanity.

Total darkness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie