Suits

Like a lot of other people we got pulled into the series, ‘Suits’ on Netflix.

I’ve never had much fun hanging around lawyers who have questioned me as a construction safety officer. I once testified in a case where the opposing lawyer started questioning me by going through my educational background.

“So,” he said, racing to a crescendo, “You graduated from college with a degree in Communications-Journalism and suddenly, 30 years later, you’re a ‘safety expert.’”

He actually made the quotation marks with his fingers.

I just looked at him.

“How does that happen?” He bellowed, sure that he was going to discredit me.

“Well,” I said. “I knew I was overqualified to become a lawyer.”

The courtroom erupted in laughter. Even the judge chuckled.

The rest of his questions landed flat.

So, I wasn’t all that keen on a show about lawyers, but ‘Suits’ is great.

Meghan Markle became a princess because of the show, and she is very good in it (and a beautiful woman). Yet, there is so much more.

The writing is good.

The characters are great. 

There are a whole bunch of dramatic scenarios, and Louis Litt is one of the best characters of any show ever.

I’ve hated Louis.

I’ve loved Louis.

I never truly know what he’s going to say or do.

And they’ve showed the day to day of lawyering.

I’m not sure how accurate it might be as far as a huge New York law firm goes, but I hope it has some basis in truth.

Good show.

Lots of episodes.

Character based, right and wrong sort of stuff…

…and Louis!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie