Enough to Piss Off the Pope

So, day one and the Pope was in the news.

He was greeting folks and a lady in the front row grabbed hold of his arm and yanked him close.

He slapped her hand away.

The world was up in arms, instantly.

When I saw the footage all I thought about was:

It was enough to piss off the Pope.

Then I thought:

“I don’t blame him.”

The woman literally assaulted him...

...yanked his arm.

He reacted.

Of course the outrage was immediate.

I saw one woman who was screaming for him to step down.

The Vatican sent out an apology and in the greatest of all ironies he spoke to Catholics everywhere:

His message?

Respect for women.

But again, watch the video...

...she yanked him hard...

...like the nuns used to do back in grade school.

It had to anger him.

“What kind of example is he setting?” Someone cried out.

Great day one story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie