Under Control

The idea is to try and stay patient and under control.

Won’t work, but it’s the idea I start off every new year with.

Do what you can do and forget the rest. Love to fight another day!

So, day one of the back to work was take a deep breath time, but the schedule filled up fast. We talked about finding some sun in Florida and have a plan in place.

But I spent part of my day trying to write 2020 instead of 2019, and it freaked me out a little.

2020?

Seriously?

1990 was thirty-freaking-years-ago????

“Are you a boomer?” A youngster asked me on one of the jobs.

“I am,” I said. “Last year of that generation. What year were you born?” I asked.

“1997,” he said.

“My God! You missed Jeter’s rookie year. They won the series.”

“Jeter was old before I knew what was going on,” he said.

“Oh that saddens me.”

And of course, it’s just time, right. Just because the calendar flipped it doesn’t mean anything, right?

“I’m giving up sugar and caffeine,” one guy wrote on Twitter.

“First day without cigarettes!”

“Started my workout regiment. Pushups, sit-ups, lifting weights.”

I’m not sure how all that’s going to go...

...but I returned home and Sam was trapped in his room playing video games.

“Has he done anything today?” I asked.

“Not much.”

I remained in control.

I’m making him a list of chores to get done on his next day off.

2020!

Get with the program!

A better you!

For the new decade.

Gotta’ try for a few days, right????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie