Kobe

Just awful news broke yesterday afternoon.

9 people killed in a helicopter crash and Kobe Bryant was in the copter as was his 13-year old daughter, Gianna. A sad story got sickening.

Kobe was just 41 years old...

His wife and daughters lost not only Kobe, but a daughter and sister as well.

My son, Jake, is a huge Kobe fan. Every once in awhile he would sit down next to me and show me Kobe’s Top Ten plays.

Of course, I watched his entire career as well. From the moment of his first game through his very last.

He was a hell of a player and was unbelievable in the clutch.

But that was just him with the ball.

The thing that gets you about a death of a celebrity icon like this does is smack you upside the head.

I can remember exactly where I was when my Mom pulled up in the car and said, “Thurman Munson died in a plane crash.”

One of those moments when I knew right where I was.

He was obviously more than a ball player - he kind of transcended the sport.

Years ago, he was embroiled in a sex scandal - Kathy and the boys argue that he was set up.

He had a huge smile and in recent years was always with his wife and four daughters...

...he used his celebrity to help.

“I can’t even watch the highlights,” Sam said about an hour after the news was announced. “I started crying.”

I didn’t cry, but as a Dad, I imagined his poor family.

What a shame.

A damn shame.

RIP to a great Laker and his daughter and all who perished.

Just sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie