Richmond Gun Rally

They came from all over the country...

...the crowd estimates were set at six-thousand people.

I saw a lot of photos, and was happy to note that it was peaceful.

In those photos I saw a lot of white men, dressed in camouflage, carrying guns and wearing armor as if they were marching off into war.

And I know enough not to get into any discussion on guns.

It’s pointless.

Yet, whenever I see someone dressed like that I often wonder if they have any thoughts about the victims of any of the mass shootings.

Are they truly convinced that more weapons on the streets would solve the problem?

Are those victims just collateral damage?

Do they actually believe that there will come a day when they will have to wear all their gear and grab all their arms and fight?

Who are they fighting?

The government?

They’d lose.

Other gun nuts?

One middle-aged man who looked to be about 5’10” and weighed approximately 250 pounds of pure fat, held up a rifle that looks like the one John Rambo carries and he had written:

“My cold dead hands.”

He was smiling broadly.

The laws in question were not restrictive, in my eyes. I’ve been hearing that they’re ‘coming for our guns’ for years and years.

Nothing has ever been passed.

Out of shape, middle-aged dudes are free to stock up.

And take to the streets in anger and rage to rail against...

...to rail against...

...what???

I wonder if anyone gave even a single thought to even one of the victims of one of the mass shootings.

Probably not.

I hope everyone had fun playing dress up.

Some of those guns looked big.

Glad no one got shot.

But soon, someone will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie