Which Do You Choose?

Behind door #1 is your life soulmate.

Behind door #2 is $70 million cash.

Behind door #3 is a working time machine and you can go back to anytime in your life.

Which do you choose?

The cash has a pretty distinct pull, right?

I’m thinking you can find a bunch of ‘soulmates’ with $70 mil in the bank.

But money is money.

I don’t even know what I’d do with all that scratch.

Instead.

I’d definitely take the time machine and make some visits back to distinct days...

...change a thing or two.

But mostly visit.

They say that as you age that you don’t regret the things you did, you regret the things you didn’t do.

I can see that.

I’d go back to days where I laughed so hard that it hurt.

I remember the golf weekend we went on about a dozen years ago. Me and my buddies were laughing so hard that I made the driver pull over because I was cramping up from laughter and needed to stand up.

I’d head back to the summer nights at the big house on the hill with all my siblings over, my friends visiting, Dad dealing the cards as we ate, watched the Yankees and busted on one another.

I’d revisit the days when my boys were born. The moment when they arrived to be specific. What great moments.

I’d pay a visit to high school basketball practice, the prom, then so many days in college.

Someone posted a photo of the boys when they were so young.

It hurt my heart to see them...

...those little boys are gone.

I’d check in on them and play Spyro the Dragon with them.

I’d visit with my Grandpas again...

...take a long walk with Grandpa Clifford.

...eat pasta with Grandma and Grandpa Fuzzy.

Yeah.

That would be worth more than $70 million.

The thing about my life so far is that I truly don’t have a whole lot of regrets.

The people I’ve loved...

...knew it.

I’ve been a good enough guy.

I wouldn’t change much...

...but I’d laugh a lot...

...just visiting again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie