A Lot of Candidates

So, there was a Democratic debate last night.

I didn’t watch it.

But, there are a whole lot of people on the stage.

Some I don’t know much about at all.

There are just too many, right?

One of them has spent $15 million and he has about 800 twitter followers.

Why is he still there?

And it’s all such garbage.

People aren’t listening...

...they’re going to vote for whoever they like the most...

...you know, the kind of gal or guy you’d like to have a beer with.

I ran for office once.

I was gunning for Senior Class Secretary.

I ran against the girl who held the office for 11 years.

She was the secretary of the 1sr grade class...

...ran unopposed every year.

Until my buddy, Al, got an idea.

“If we win we get to sit right up front at graduation.”

So, I ran.

The extent of my campaign was putting my name on the ballot.

I won.

And then I never did a single thing while holding office. Didn’t attend even one meeting.

The poor girl that I beat did all the work.

I sat right up front at graduation though...

...right beside Al who was class president.

I don’t think I’d be much of a politician. I have trouble lying. I don’t much care for belittling others.

Years later, I ran into the girl I’d beat for class secretary.

She was still kinda’ pissed about it.

But eventually we laughed it off.

It’s a strange system.

Maybe some of them will bow out gracefully now.

If you only have 28,000 followers, chances are you probably won’t win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie