I’m Retiring

Andrew Luck, the very good quarterback of the Colts, shocked the football world by announcing his retirement.

He’s twenty-nine years old, and he doesn’t have to worry much about making his pension money stretch out over the course of his retirement because he has millions and millions and the Colts don’t want any back.

Rob Gronkowski, Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson all walked away from the sport young...

...all due to the fact that they want to stay healthy.

I don’t blame the guy.

My goal in life has always been the desire to get a nap every day if I want one...

...Luck can do that now.

Of course, Luck is getting bashed by some people, and some of the Colts fan are burning his jersey in protest.
The news broke during one of the Colts pre-seasons game and Luck was booed.

I say, God Bless him.

He wants to be healthy, and he’s already been hammered through the years. Shoulder, hip, ankle, back and neck.

A long while ago, I had a conversation with Jim Kelly, the Bills hall of fame quarterback.

He told me that he felt pain in his back and neck every hour.

He explained that he feels every time he ever got hit.

I said to him:

“I’m a big guy. Do you think I could gain a single yard in an NFL game?”

He laughed.

“You might get a yard, but they’d carry you off on a stretcher.”

Ray Bentley, another former Bill, told me that being hit in a game can best be compared to sprinting from one end of your driveway and hitting your closed garage door at full speed.

“That happens twenty times a game.”

So, yeah, Luck wants to get away.

Who wouldn’t?

The players all get CTE as a parting gift.

Have you seen Tony Dorsett or Jim McMahon lately, have you?

They’re wandering around their mansions wondering why they went into the room they just entered.

If you play long enough...

...you may take years off your life.

Luck is a millionaire.

He can still function.

That’s enough.

We’d all hang them up if we could.

I’m hoping I can do it at 65 or so...

...and I’ll always walk with a limp.

Good luck, Luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie