Seven Divorces

You gotta’ admire Larry King’s optimism.

At 85-years-old he filed for divorce from his wife of 22 years.

He said that he wasn’t happy, and after a health scare, he decided that he deserves the chance to be happy again.

Do I smell another marriage coming?

Does he even remember all of the names of his previous wives?

His current wife, Shawn, is given the boot because they’ve been fighting all the time.

I’ve always enjoyed listening to him and years ago he wrote a newspaper column that I read constantly. He’d write things like:

“I don’t care what anyone else thinks, lobster is good!”

When news of divorce number 7 broke, Larry was on television. As soon as I saw him, I laughed.

“What?” Kathy asked.

“What happened to the food?” I said.

Kathy knew what I was talking about because I told her the story before.

Good old Larry was interviewing a woman who’d been raped.

“We stopped at Burger King and then went back to his car,” the woman said, through tears. “He just attacked me. He beat me and raped me.”

There was a long, drawn-out pause.

“What happened to the food?” Larry asked.

I laugh every time I see him because of that one question.

An incredible question.

An impressive career...

...and 7 divorces!

I’m betting that he’ll get married at least once more.

After all, he deserves to be happy.

“What happened to the food?”

Seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie