Date Night

They did a study of what a date costs.

It’s broken down by state.

Here in New York State we won:

$297.97

That’s the cost of the average date in New York!

North Dakota came in last at $42 and change.

Who the hell is spending $300 on a date?

Last week, we went out to dinner.

It cost me $28.00 and I had a trio of burritos.

Here in Buffalo, $297 would get you dinner, a movie and a hotel room.

That’s a good date.

I did spend a whole lot more on date night on Broadway.

The Bruce tickets were $800, and we drove there and the hotel was another $250. 2 shots at the venue were $72.

So, you can see how things could get skewed.

I don’t think that a $1,000 date night is even possible in North Dakota.

When I read the study I also immediately thought about some of the dates we went on in high school. It’s a famous story, but only because it’s true.

My buddy Jeff and I would take a couple of lucky girls to the movies, and then we’d drop them off and turn right around and head back out to eat.

Saved us money.

And the reasoning was sound.

“I ain’t laying out $40 for a kiss on the cheek,” Jeff would reason.

I also recall one date night when we decided to get a large pizza...

...for both of us.

Our dates watched in horror as they picked through their salads and watched us eat 8 pieces of pizza each.

We never got far with those girls.

3 bills on a date!

Thank God I’m all done with date nights.

Now I can eat as much as I’d like and Kathy barely notices.

Anyway, it was a pretty interesting study.

Enjoy the weekend.

Try not to go on any dates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie