I Don’t Snore

The title of my post today is my standard answer when someone yells at me for snoring.

Through the years, I’ve played in a golf tourney with a bunch of good friends and we have a cool package all set up, but there’s trouble because we end up sharing a room.

We had an odd number of people.

“If there’s a single,” I said. “I’ll take my own room.”

Yet, another guy had already jumped on it.

I was gonna’ have a roomie.

After the Friday round and a big dinner at a great Italian place, I was pretty tired. The Yankees game was just starting. Everyone else went for a drink.

I hung out with ice on my back.

Started to nod off.

My roomie came in, and promptly fell asleep.

I wasn’t too far behind.

Fell asleep right after the Didi grand slam.

At 1:30, I heard shouting.

“Roll over!”

I rolled over.

At 3:00, I heard the door open and close.

“Where are you going?” I called out.

“I can’t sleep,” he said.

I went back to sleep.

Ah well.

Showed up for breakfast.

My roomie was holding court. He looked a little tired.

“You’re a mess,” he said. “The sounds coming out of you weren’t human.”

“What?” I asked. “I don’t snore.”

Everyone at the table laughed.

“Doesn’t your wife complain?”

“We don’t sleep in the same room,” I said.

“Well, you have problems. Get the sleep apnea test.”

That’s not happening.

But, you know what WILL happen?

I’m gonna’ get my own room next year!

It was a great weekend.

Hit the ball pretty well...

...need some chipping lessons.

Good friends, a lot of laughs.

And a little snoring...

...evidently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie