I Need A Vacation

I started this year with the same goal as last year:

“I’m going to take my vacation time.”

It’s August 10th.

I’ve taken 2 days.

Congress is off.

They are not coming back despite the horrific shootings. Guess they need their time!

Trump stood on the lawn today and ranted incoherently for a half an hour...

...before heading off to a golf vacation...

...as opposed to the 7,000 rounds he’s played this summer already.

And why don’t I take vacation????

That’s a real question.

I have a bunch of clients...

...they call me.

They don’t call the office.

They are all really busy right now.

They don’t care that I’m tired.

And I know!!

The graveyard is full of indispensable men and women...

...but the days just go.

And then I look up and it’s November!

I’m not whining about it. I’m more amazed that Moscow Mitch doesn’t find it necessary to return to pass gun laws.

“Everyone needs their break.”

And there’s something to be said about unplugging and stepping away, but man, don’t you feel compelled to get the job done?

I have to be the one who’s messed up here.

All the important guys are taking a break.

Why can’t I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie