A Chill in the Air

I like to set my alarm for a half an hour before I get out of bed...

...which can be pretty early, actually.

As I laid in bed on Friday morning, reading the news, and stretching everything out, I felt the chill in the air from the open window beside me.

Damn!

Melky was asleep through all of it, of course, but that chill got to me.

It’s still just the tale-end of August, but the summer’s end is on the horizon...

...and that’s depressing!

Last year, golf ended in early October, and the clubs just sat there until late May!

That’s a long, cold, lonely stretch.

I like watching the neighbors do things in their yards and walk their dogs.

I rather enjoy not being cold all the time.

And it’s my own fault, actually.

I’ve chosen to live here.

The snow will fly soon.

The chill in the air will be there for a long-ass stretch.

Ah well...

...not yet!

Have you seen my ball?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie