The Bills Mafia

I’ve been a tad embarrassed in the past as I’ve viewed clips of Bills fans, all overly medicated, lighting themselves on fire and jumping onto card tables.

That’s always seemed absolutely crazy to me!

I’m a Safety guy...

...I know the elements of a fall.

Yet, there’s a slightly better than even chance that I might’ve tried it back in the Super Bowl Days.

(Probably not. I’m a little chicken-hearted).

Yet, the Bills Mafia is real.

Since Sunday, Bills fans have donated $17 at a time to Andy Dalton’s charity...

...to the time of $250,000!

Another $40 grand or so has been sent to the receiver, Tyler Boyd’s charity.

That’s astounding!

A few years back, one of their own, Daryle Talley, from those Bowl years, fell on hard times.

The Mafia sent him donations so that he could get back on his feet.

And you see the crazed Bills fan every single week. Shirts off, faces painted, running outside in the blistering cold in shorts.

(And that’s just around my house).

I get it.

I know what it’s like to feel the anxiety and the pain.

When the Bills lost those 4 Super Bowls in a row...

...well, I still can’t talk about it!

I feel the anxiousness now when the Yankees have a big game. Some of the worst days of my sports experience was on days leading up to huge games.

The Bills are 8-point dogs on Sunday.

I think they’re going to win.

I don’t know why.

Maybe I’m just caught in the wave of emotion. I don’t feel much for them. If they lose, I won’t be heartbroken as some of the Camp Clifford Campers will be.

Yet, I stand amused with the antics this week...

...donating to a charity is a great loyalty stand.

It certainly beats setting yourself aflame and flying through the air.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty