Buying Friends

A bunch of people were busted for having bought Twitter followers.

Why?

It’s all about clicks and retweets and how many friends you have.

What does that do for you??

It’s not like that you’re getting a nickel for every friend you have, right?

Some days a lot of people read this blog...

...other days people don’t.

I don’t care, and that doesn’t make me a dope.

I shouldn’t care!

No one should!!

Have you ever had a conversation with anyone about how many people liked their tweet about their night out in Vegas.

I do share things on social media, so I’m trying not to be a hypocrite here. I like to make people laugh. I try to put out words about the book (although I’m really not comfortable with self-promotion), it’s fun to tell a story...

...but if I found out that I had zero followers...

...I’d still do it.

Justin Bieber is the league leader, right?

And the Kardashians and Obama and Trump...

...all way up there in the millions, right?

What does that get them?

Some people say that some of the followers are fake news or Russian bots.

It’s all out of control anyway.

False information is being sent, people are trying to get noticed. You know what it makes me think of?

Valentine’s Day in grammar school.

“Look at all the Valentine’s I got!”

So, now more people are being singled out...

...for being so vain.

Not sure anyone will read this, but you know what?

I won’t be checking my numbers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie