Happy New Year! They Made the Playoffs!

2018 has arrived.

And holy crap.

The Buffalo Bills have qualified for the NFL playoffs.

How weird is that?

They needed a win on Sunday and they also needed help from the Bengals.

Yeah, those Bengals.

And it happened.

My boys were so fired up all week. I tried to caution them because it had happened the same way seemingly every year.

And it didn’t look good.

The Bills were only up 6 and Miami was driving.

They got a pick.

But then the hard part...

...the Ravens were winning.

Bengals had 2 minutes to go 50 yards.

“No chance,” my brother said.

“Yeah, not looking good.”

And that’s what 17 years without playoffs will do for you.

But the Bengals came through, and then all hell broke loose as social media exploded, and my phone blew up.

You see, I’ve aggravated a lot of people through the years as I made fun of the futility.

Now they’re in.

That’s the thing:

Now they have a chance.

They get the Jags on the road, and will be big underdogs, but they could win.

Then the Patriots in Boston.

Sam picks it up from there:

“After they beat the Patriots they can take the Steelers and then the Super Bowl and I like our chances.”

Yeah.

Okay.

But that’s the fun of the new year and the playoffs...

...a lot of hope!

Here’s hoping that some of the instability of 2017 disappears in 2018.

If the Bills and Bengals can pull it off...

...anything is possible, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie