Oprah in 2020?

I’ve had a long, complicated relationship with Oprah.

Through the years I’ve alternated between admiring her and not really caring much for her.

Of course, she’s had an absolutely amazing career and has done a marvelous job of building her brand, but it has always driven me crazy that she’s considered the queen of everything!

She reads a book and mentions it, it’s a best seller.

She also speaks in a pronounced, authoritative voice that has always driven me nuts, as if she’s the wisest of the wise.

So, that’s my problem.

She’s got a good heart. That’s not in dispute, and she’s a talented talk show host.

The next president???

I heard clips of her speech all day on Monday.

She pronounced every single syllable. She knew it was an important speech that would be well-received by a group of people who are the most self-righteous and self-congratulatory people in the land.

Yet, with all that being said...

...I think that she just might run.

A couple of years ago I wouldn’t believe that she’d have a chance, but our current president didn’t have any chance either, did he?

The talk shows and social media was abuzz.

Will she run?

Would she win?

I know that there are a whole bunch of people who think Oprah might get 70% of the vote if she threw her hat into the ring.

Calm down!

She’s a black woman.

If the past few years has taught us anything if there is any group of people who is more pre-judged than blacks, it might be women.

Here’s what really bugs me about it...

...we just got done with the 2016 election (some people are actually still tweeting about it every day)...

...I don’t want to start hearing about 2020 already.

I’m wondering about the running mate too.

Oprah & Stedman?

Oprah & Regis?

Oprah & Little Sheldon?

Oprah & Hillary?

It was a great speech.

In the year of absolute garbage against women...

...it was delivered perfectly.

Let’s just hold off on selling us the next president...

...we haven’t even got rid of this one yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie