Freezing - Weekend Musings

Was about 2 on Saturday.

So cold. It just runs right through you, but I didn’t have any grand plans anyway.

Made Saturday dinner. Got the sauce started for Sunday following the Bills game.

The boys are convinced that it’s the first of 4 playoff wins coming before the parade down Delaware Avenue.

It got me thinking about big dreams, and knowing that, against all odds, they have a chance. As Jake entered the room for the first time on Saturday I figured that we’d talk about their chances

“Hey, did you hear that Trump is like really smart? He’s a genius,” Jake said.

I laughed.

“Can you imagine writing that sentence?” He asked. “I’m like real smart.’ Wow.”

It certainly was a strange thing to send out to millions of people.

No matter how much money, or how much status or what job you get...

...you still need validation.

Very odd.

I killed the sauce last week.

“This is Dad-like,” Kathy said, as she ate it. Carrie and John and Mom also ate it so it was the perfect time to get it right.

So, I tried to do the same things this week too.

Funny how the priorities change as you get older. I thought about my Dad being right there on a Saturday morning:

“Can I make you some eggs?” He’d ask.

I do the same sort of things now for my family, getting up, and immediately thinking about what our meals will be.

“Hey, it’s gonna’ be 20 tomorrow,” Sam said, when he finally showed his face.

“We’ll have a cookout,” I said.

I was also limping around quite a bit too.

No idea why...

...just swelling in the knee and foot.

You can get used to anything in life, I guess. I hardly remember what it’s like to not limp around. There was actually a moment when Kathy and I were limping toward the coffee pot. Neither of us wanted to stumble off to one side.

We both laughed.

“What a mess,” Kathy said.

And that’s kind of how the weekends go.

Go Bills!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty