Fire 🔥 And Fury

They got to me.

Knowing that it would be 1 degree out, and basically bored with the book I’ve been reading, I fell for the hype and picked up the Fire & Fury book about the Trump presidency.

It made me sad.

Mostly it saddened me because in the days leading up to the election I was fairly vocal about the idea that Trump was not suited for the job.

I couldn’t fathom that it might happen, knowing all I knew about the years gone by and all the chaos of his New York days.

Yet, people bought the con.

And here we are.

All the same old complaints about the unsteadiness, the nastiness, the mental instability, and the fact that he doesn’t actually care for any of the desperate people that he said he cared about.

I was also sad because all the things that people seem to think happened in regard to Russia, most likely did happen.

I don’t know the way through that. We’ve traveled a year in the dialogue from “I don’t have any deals with Russia” to “it was a meeting about adoption” to “we wanted dirt on Clinton” to “maybe there was collusion” to “collusion isn’t a crime.”

And still it goes on.

Because, as the author said, “100% of the people around Trump know that he’s unfit and incompetent.”

100% of them.

And still it goes on.

Some of the interesting aspects of the book are the detailed looks inside the working and of the White House.

I used to think that being president would have to be the worst of all possible jobs.

There are so many people counting on you and the pressure has to be overwhelming.

Yet, when you just don’t care...

...it seems like a pretty decent gig.

100 rounds of golf.

Servants.

Your own plane.

Living in a mansion.

Three wide-screen televisions in the bedroom that you retire to at 6:30 pm...

...to eat cheeseburgers and chocolate shakes.

Fire and Fury?

More like.

Sloppy and Lazy.

The book is horrifying for one reason.

‘Cause it’s true.

It’s exactly what people who followed Trump in his NYC days already knew.

Mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie