Johnny Dangerously

Someone posted a photo of a newspaper clipping that detailed the battle between the mobs from the movie ‘Johnny Dangerously.’

I laughed.

“You fargin iceholes!” Immediately entered my mind, and then (as my sister Carrie pointed out) I could hear my father’s booming laugh.

He loved that movie!

When it came out, we watched it every weekend for a month.

“Come on, watch ‘Johnny Dangerously’ with me.”

And we all did!

I can still see that packed living room, roaring with laughter every time “Fargin Coke suckers,” was mentioned.

I wonder how the movie did overall.

I imagine the critics hated it.

I never hear it mentioned in any of the classic comedies, but much like ‘Norbit’ it’s one of my favorites.

We all need to laugh again.

Set aside the fake hurt...

...stop worrying about who feels cheated...

...and just laugh.

I’m going to watch that movie with my boys.

It has to be out there somewhere.

We like to laugh...

...and I want to pass some of those laughs down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie