Sloppy Steve

It’s been a horrible week for Steve Bannon.

He was the star witness in the Fire & Fury book that threw shade at his former partner, Trump.

Trump then dubbed him Sloppy Steve in a tweet...

...then he Sloppy Steve tried to apologize, got fired from Breitbart, than lost his radio gig.

Sloppy Steve may end up homeless...

...he’s dressed for it.

In my effort to stay clear of politics let’s just dwell on the fact that Sloppy Steve has a wardrobe problem...

...and that’s coming from me!

There have been times when I’ve tried to dress better.

Believe it or not, I was once required to wear a tie to work each day.

I hated it.

I never learned how to tie a tie.

I had a few button ties and I also had a coworker who liked to tie ties. I got him to tie about 15 of them. He’s been dead for 22 years, but he lives on...

...I still have those ties, tied, with the knots he tied in them...

...I just slide one over my head if I need to wear one.

My sister Corinne summed up my look perfectly:

“You wear a suit like Oscar Madison did,” she once famously quipped.

Yep.

“You could put on a thousand dollar suit and make it look horrible inside ten minutes. Complete with mustard stains.”

When I first got married, Kathy tried to change my look.

She bought me some nice shirts, and monitored what I’d put on before I left the house:

“Try again,” she’d say from her spot at the bottom of the stairs. “You can’t wear stripes with that!”

She once bought me a white shirt.

“It wasn’t supposed to be disposable,” she said as the day ended.

Every now and again she’ll buy me something nice now.

“Try not to destroy it on the first day.”

So, Sloppy Steve is jobless.

I feel for him a little.

But only because he no longer has a reason to get all dolled up.

You think I dress badly out in public?

You should see me in my lounge-around-clothes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie