No Sim Card Installed

I had a plan for the day.

(I always have a plan for the day).

My day is usually all laid out in my mind, and most days I get pretty close.

Monday of the week is usually important too because that’s when my legs fee the best, so I like to cover some ground.

“No Sim Card Installed.”

That was the message on my phone. When the SIM card is not installed, nothing works!

No texts, no emails, no phone calls.

I can’t function!

“Reset your network settings,” Jake said, one day when it happened when we were all together.

I tried that.

“No Sim Card Installed.”

Damn!

“Turn it on and off,” Sam said.

I tried that.

Nothing, nada, no way!

I was heading down Transit Road. I saw the Verizon store from about a mile away. Signed in and believed that by the time I left I’d be about $800 in the hole. You can’t walk into that joint without getting a new phone and a contract.

“It’s either just that your SIM card is shot, or your phone is cooked. No charge to replace the SIM card...the phone is a whole different thing.”

The guy was smiling.

He used an iPad to bring my account up, put in a new SIM card and said: “Pray that this works.”

My phone restarted and he dialed the number for the store. The phone didn’t ring.

“Uh-oh.”

He dialed the number again.

The store phone rang!

Success!!

“No charge!”

I was fired up.

Got back in the car, my phone actually working.

An alarm in the car beeped:

“Downgrading engine temperature!”

It read.

“WTF?”

A moment later:

“Shut off engine!”

I pulled over.

Got the hood open.

Checked the anti-freeze.

Empty!

I asked the store clerk.

“Could be an easy fix or could be expensive,” he said.

I filled it with anti-freeze.

All the lights went off...

...car dealer tomorrow.

Could be cheap or expensive.

Pray for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie