What It's About

Back a couple of months ago, I was around some of the oldest friends that I've been blessed to call friends.

We started talking about "getting together more often".

Same old story.

Everyone says, "Yeah, lets do it!"

This time, though, Al, as he so often did, took charge. He picked a restaurant, and a large group text went around.

Finally, we found a Saturday night when everyone was clear: September 23.

And off we went!

I've said it before, but the best thing about longtime friends is that there's no pretenses. They KNOW you!

There's no faking it. You understand that they're as happy to see you as you are them. The conversations are easy. The laughs come quickly.

We ordered our food and through good fortune, actually, had to wait a long time for it to arrive.

More time to talk, and laugh.

Jeff and Kathy, Al and Jen, John and Sarah, Ed and Jamie, and Russ joined me and my beautiful wife.

The prime rib was good.

We picked on one another.

We talked about days gone by, and our children.

Most of us are approaching empty nest days, and we laughed about it.

The future, television series, books, boats and the Yankees.

As we headed for home, my belly was full, and my mind was clear, and I kept thinking:

"Man, I'm blessed."

I'd met every single guy in the room before I was ten years old, and we were together again...40 some years later.

"That was a good time," Kathy mentioned.

"Sure was."

It sure was.

It's kinda' what this whole dance is all about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie