On Standby

So, there was a lot of excitement for having a shot at the Springsteen on Broadway tickets.

We would definitely make the trip if we could somehow score tickets, but the task seemed daunting. Only 950 seats per performance, but he'd be playing 5 shows a week for a couple of months.

And then it got exciting!

Ticketmaster and Bruce's people wanted to work out a plan to make sure that Bruce's biggest fans got a shot at the tickets. Too many times, at too many locations, the secondary market prices are astronomical.

Tickets go on sale...

...BAM! Gone in mere minutes.

So, I was hopeful.

They were limiting tickets to two per person. You had to sign up and be evaluated and then they'd send back an access code.

Fans would be getting the seats!

I got an email.

"You're on standby." It read.

What the hell did that mean?

Well, the people with access codes would get first crack, but I was still in the game. They promised that I'd have a shot at an access code shortly after ten...

...maybe.

I didn't get an access code.

Half an hour later, hundreds of tickets started showing up on the secondary markets.

Scalpers win again!!!

And I know it pisses off Springsteen, as its pissed of a lot of other artists. Bruce actually went outside at an MSG concert and tried to confront the scalpers...

...the police wondered if he were nuts.

There are now two more months of shows coming.

Good news!

I don't have to reenroll for another chance.

They'll let me know!

No hard feelings!

I still want to go...

...Kathy does too.

Wish us luck, huh?

Otherwise...

...you know any scalpers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie