I'm Wide Awake

There aren't a lot of chances to see good old rock and roll anymore. Over the last five years or so I think that I've been to maybe 6 shows and 3 of them were Springsteen...

...so U2 at the Bills Stadium has been on the calendar for awhile.

I've always enjoyed their music and missed on past chances to see them. Concerts are for the young crowd, but there was a lot of grey hair in our section.

And it's funny because Sam went to a concert on Saturday - whole bunch of new "music". (Nothing I'd ever be caught listening to) but I'm glad he enjoys the arts. We need talented people playing music!

"Gonna see U2," I said.

"Whoever they are," Sam joked.

(I know he knows!)

I've made you wait for the review because U2 made us wait...didn't come on until 9:30. Most of the crowd is usually in bed by then.

Yet, when Sunday Bloody Sunday started I felt a chill up and down my spine. Everyone knew every word...a song from the early 80's.

It was spectacular.

The singing was great...Bono might have the best R&R voice ever. Edge is talented.

There were messages. All positive. Zero political angst, but we know where the band stands on the big issues.

What was absolutely amazing was the screen behind the band...

...photos of the landscape and a real full moon above.

Spectacular.

One well known song after another.

Beautiful Day, With or Without You, Ultraviolet Rays.

Good stuff!

Rock and Roll!

It was midnight before I laid down. When I got up a few hours later to visit the facilities I almost fell down...evidently I can't stand up between the hours of 9:30 pm to 11:30 p.m.!

My mind is still ready for 🎸 rock & roll!

My back, legs and feet...

...not so much!

Good thing there's only one show a year worth seeing...

...Sam needs to take control...

...he just needs to know what good music is!

Two thumbs up for U2.

Bono sang out:

"I'm Wide Awake!" over and over.

Amazing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie