Forgot the Blog!

A scramble of a Friday night as we made plans for dinner out following work, but Kathy got tied up and ended up heading out to Jake on the college campus because there were things he needed.

(I try not to get involved in those conversations).

So, it was just Sam with me and we were hungry.

We ordered like it.

Brought dinner back for my beautiful wife...

...and then I sat there...

...watching the Yankees pummel the hapless O's and catching up on social media.

Texted Sam (who'd gone to play hoops):

No answer.

Tried Kathy (who's phone was on fumes):

No answer.

Gave Jake a go: (he was also playing ball, evidently):

No answer.

And I started getting antsy.

Why couldn't they answer?

Yankees game ended. Chops were digested. Tried them all again.

Nothing!

Me and Melky went up.

Kept looking at the phone and thinking about how absurd the phone game has become. We all used to hide for hours! Now an hour goes by without contact and My God!

I was still reading when two cars came down the road.

Sam texted:

"Here. Hot tub in 30 seconds."

Heard Kathy moving around and dropped by to say hello.

Just another Friday night in the life of an old dope.

I could've wrote a blog at least!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty