Saudi Woman Are On the Road

Big announcement!

Saudi Arabia woman have been granted driving privileges.

Isn't that amazing?

Up until yesterday they weren't allowed to get behind the wheel of a car, and even now, they must have permission from a man to drive, and there are time limits. They can't drive certain hours and can't go for long.

But still...

...they're pretty happy about it!

They couldn't ride a bicycle until 2013.

My beautiful wife is of the solid opinion that she's a better driver than me.

(She isn't).

She also jumps into the drivers seat if she beats me to the car if we're going somewhere.

 I don't care, actually. She can drive. I particularly let her do the night driving.

I also do it because when I drive, she doesn't shut up.

"That guy is merging."

"Brake, brake, brake!"

"You should get in the other lane."

 (Doesn't matter which lane I'm in...she likes the other one).

"You do know you're six mph over the speed limit, right?"

The other night, we were detoured off the Thruway when we were on our way back from Batavia. We didn't know the back roads so she said:

"Hit the trip maker."

I entered our home address and the woman talked out the directions.

"Turn right."

"Why am I turning right?" Kathy asked.

"How the hell do I know?" I asked. "That's what she said to do to get home."

"I don't know why," Kathy said.

"Turn right," the voice in my phone said.

"Why does she want me to turn right?" Kathy asked again.

"Turn right!" The voice said.

"SHE DOESN'T WANT TO!" I yelled into the phone. "She doesn't know the way home, but she wants to argue with you!"

Kathy laughed, and turned right.

We made it safely home.

"Why'd you yell?" She asked.

"Because I was in the middle of two arguing women!"

Good luck Saudi Arabia!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie