One Shot At It

Heard about a high-profile DUI and the alleged driver was identified on the news by name and photo. Since I was awake about three hours before I needed to be I decided to check in on him.

Everyone is accessible.

Spent some time on the guy's Facebook page...

...reading about his life struggles.

People really put some awfully personal stuff out there for the world to consume.

Some of it won't serve the guy very well because he mentioned drinking to blackout and how he was happy that he'd kicked that habit...

...two weeks later...

...talk of being locked up and how it was time to change again.

Hard to feel bad for someone who perpetually puts the lives of others at risk, but just a couple of passes through...

...had me feeling lousy about all of it.

One go around.

That's all we get.

There will be people left behind when we leave.

"Uncle Bob was always drunk and in and out of jail."

Is sad to me.

Yet, everyone is on their own journey and the more I read about the guy, the more I hoped that after he is severely punished...

...that he finally gets on top of the struggle.

His timeline was an absolute blueprint of those struggles:

"I'm done with the booze!"

"Time to grind! All about work & making money now!!"

"So glad I went on the straight and narrow!"

And in between those declarations:

"I spent the night in jail 'cause I wasn't backing down...and I only had a few too."

"Hung the hell over."

Struggle...

...every day.

I must confess, too, as I thought about his horrific crime...

...he didn't kill anyone, but he most certainly could have.

Some innocent man or woman, or child, driving along...

...brought smack dab into the middle of this guy's struggle.

One shot!

Get on top of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie