Back to School

On Monday afternoon we all received a bot message on our phone from Sam's school.

It's the last start of the year message that we'll receive.

I put the message on speaker so we could all hear it, and it told us of a meet and greet with Sam's teachers on Wednesday night.

"I take it that we aren't going," I said.

Everyone laughed.

Yeah.

We've been through it now...plenty of times...Sam is on his own!

It certainly doesn't seem that long ago that Kathy and her mother were all here for the first day of school. We took photos with the digital camera.

"What time are you going to bed?" I asked Sam.

He is a notorious night owl.

"I'll knock it back to two," he said.

"I'm thinking about 8:30," I said. "Get a good night of sleep."

He laughed.

"I'm serious," I said. "Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Melky is regimented. You'll work better that way."

That devolved into a discussion about how Melky and I were the mentally deranged ones by being routine.

"A little chaos is good," he said.

And that's where I tapped out.

The buses are back out.

Sam will be taking long afternoon naps...

...and staying up late.

We don't need a parent-teacher conference to see how it goes.

We didn't run out with the camera to watch him get on the bus at the start of his last year...

...maybe we should have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie