Season Opener

The son who is away at college came by yesterday so I could give him some cash.

He was back on Sunday morning because he suddenly came up with tickets for the Bills-Jets season opener.

The other guy, who usually has to be roused from bed, was up, yelling:

"LET'S GO!"

All for a team that is reasonably expected to win a half dozen games.

Me?

I wanted to go to Wegman's in the morning to get the ingredients for sauce.

Place was packed!

Guys and gals all dressed in red and blue.

"GO BILLS!!!"

Life in a football town...

...a cash cow.

I have my problems with the NFL...

...plenty of them actually, but I do recall being excited for the games back when they were good. I kind of don't see the point now, but hey, the Bills are 1-0!

"FIRST PLACE, BABY!"

As Sam reminded me for the 6 hours after the game until I headed off to bed.

Thank God it's a road game next week.

"This team can win it all," Sam said.

It's gonna be a long year.

Thank God they only play once a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty