🎶 Soothes the Savage Beast

Got in the car on Monday morning and the Sirius radio was set to the 80's station. Bryan Adams was doing "Run to You" and it's a song I hadn't heard in years.

It brought me back to college days and drinking 🍻 with the boys. We played the tunes good and loud and Bryan Adams had a huge record in 1985.

That's really 32 years ago???

It was an old MTV host playing the tunes and even her voice took me back. There was a lot of time spent around the television as the new videos had their 🌎 premiere.

She played Pink Floyd, the Wall.

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

And it dawned on me that I was having a better day just listening to music rather than the talk shows.

"Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits made me open the windows and sing loudly.

"Guitar George, he knows all the chords."

That gave way to "Roll Me Away" by Bob Seger and my mood was through the roof.

"Staring out at the great divide. I could go east. I could go west. It was all up to me to decide."

"Hold On Loosely" by .38 Special made me think of a young girl who is now a woman over 50.

(Hope she's doing okay!)

I spent the entire day just listening to music and it amazed me that seem to be stuck back in that time frame when it comes to 🎶.

I can't name many songs that have captured my fancy unless it was produced by someone who was in the business prior to 1980.

My boys have tried to introduce me to some of the new stuff, but 👎 I'm stuck in the World of classic rock.

"With or Without You" by U2 was another smashing success.

ZZ Top, Van Halen, Mellencamp, the Stones.

Good mood all day!!

Sure makes the day go by quicker than if I'd been listening to the great Republican-Democratic debate, or the clown 🤡 show that is our new government.

Rock & Roll will never die!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie