Let's Play 🏀

My nephew John has been here all week.

Let me catch you up on their schedule:

Sleep in.

Eat.

Play basketball 🏀

Eat.

Joke around.

Play basketball 🏀

"Come on, let's ball," Johnny has asked me every day.

"Those days have passed," I explained.

All week long. The same question, over and over.

On Thursday, after he ate dinner. He looked at the linguine and clams that I made.

"Can I have some?"

"Of course, but you just ate."

He took a half a pound and ate it in about 45 seconds. Then he took the rest out of the fridge, heated it up and finished it.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"I'm not playing basketball 🏀," I said.

"No. Would you make more of that pasta?"

I laughed.

On Friday afternoon I finished up work and heard the ball 🏀 bouncing. I walked out the front door to see my brother John, hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath as he stood between Sam and John.

I took the ball and tried a couple of shots...

...no good!

Then I watched the boys play...

...moving, running, jumping, laughing.

My brother John was laying in the grass, watching too.

It all goes so fast!!

"When are we eating?" Johnny asked.

"If it's anything like the rest of the week every hour on the hour."

Must be nice to be young and hungry!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty