What Can Be Said?

"You gotta' be kidding me," my buddy Jeff said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

We were on the 4th hole of the golf course.

I was just trying to get the legs, back and hip all working in concert.

"Shooting in Orlando," he said.

"I don't even want to know about it," my buddy John chimed in. "What else is happening?"

And as sad as that is...

...it's as sad as it is.

Are you shocked?

Saddened, certainly...

...but not shocked.

This is America in the 21st Century.

We have decided that this is as good as it gets...

...just hope it isn't your city.

And there was a moment when we all stood on the 12th green and looked back at the fairway where we had all dubbed our way up.

None of us were in much of a mood after playing the challenging hole.

But in the context of the shooting...

...playing with a barking back and numb feet...

...hanging with three great guys...

I looked back and said:

"That's beautiful."

John heard me.

He wasn't exactly smiling as he had just put one in the glimmering water.

"It really is," he said.

And we both took it in.

I may have even taken a deep breath.

"I don't even want to know about it," John had said.

I thought of that mostly as I took in the scenery.

That's just where we are at.

Sad.

No longer shocked.

Take in the beauty.

You never know what might happen...

...right where you live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty