Meat Loaf Hits the Deck

I'm glad that rocker Meat Loaf appears to be all right!

I've always enjoyed his music and loved, loved, loved Bat Out of Hell 3.

A couple of weeks ago I was walking through a job site and there was some hip-hop music on. The lyrics were horrific as I heard the N-word and the F-word about thirty times as I headed down the hallway.

(Do I sound like a cranky old dude?)

Well, I acted like one:

"Turn that shit down!" I yelled.

One of the young kids installing the drywall did so and said:

"Sorry, SIR."

"What's the name of that song, 'F$&k You?" I asked.

The kid laughed.

"It is a little rough."

We chatted a moment. I asked him to tell me the top 5 songs and name the artists.

He started rattling off a couple and another kid joined him and added a couple more.

"What happened to me?" I asked. "I've never heard any of the songs or heard any of the 'artists'.

Cut to Friday:

Classic rock on the way home.

Asia - Only Time Will Tell

The Who - You Better You Bet

Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good.

Pink Floyd - Hey You

Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town

That's a waaaaaaaayyyy better top 5!!

I was singing all the words. The volume was to the max.

I once asked my kids about rock and roll...

...How could they not like it????

"A lot of those songs repeat the words over and over," Matt said.

"They're dinosaurs," Jake added.

"They sing too slow," Sam finished up.

But man!

"Listen to the words," I argued. "And they can all actually PLAY a musical instrument!"

The kids these days!!

They don't care!!!

Thank God Meat Loaf will be okay.

I can sing the hell out of "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad".

"I want you, I want you. I need you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna' love and don't be sad, don't be sad, 'cause two out of three ain't bad."

Epic!

Way better than "F$&k You!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty