Devastating Week

Years ago I was on a golf course in Tampa, Florida. I had, unfortunately, hit my ball close to the lake, but I was happy to have found it.

I yelled to my buddy, Chris Miller, saying:

"I found it!"

"You better hit it quickly," he said and then he pointed to a spot just behind me.

"You got company."

I turned to see an alligator about 20' away.

There wasn't a practice swing.

I hammered my ball and ran.

Chris was laughing. I was scared out of my mind!

I also recall once asking my brother, Jeff if he knew the difference between a crocodile and an alligator. He said:

"One will see you later" while the other will "see you in a little while."

The devastating week continues.

I can't even comprehend that poor family and their loss. A two-year old boy gets killed. The frantic father watched it happen.

Of course, the blame game started.

Were the parents negligent?

Is the park to blame?

Why was the kid that close to the water?

None of it matters, really. Knowing why won't change anything for that poor family.

God help them.

I hope to never ever see a gator, or a crocodile again...

...and I still don't know the difference.

I think Jeff was unclear on the subject.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie