No Yankees Game!

I'm supposed to be in New York today.

My ticket for tonight's Yankees game won't be in my hand tonight. I'm not sure if anyone will be sitting in that seat.

Of course, I'm a little disappointed.

One of my long-term clients had me out the NYC a few weeks ago. I had a two hour speech out there in May and when I was done they asked me if I would do the same talk, to a different group, on June 9th.

"Yeah...if you get me a ticket to a Yankees game," I said.

They did!

Then Tuesday morning they emailed me to tell me it was all postponed.

I must admit that I almost cried.

Anytime that you're on the verge of seeing the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports...

... You get excited!

Plus they are playing the Angels.

Trout and Pujols!

But, alas, I have been on the road a lot lately. Being home for a full week was also quite appealing.

I broke the news to my family.

"You still have the plane ticket, can't you go anyways?" Sam asked.

"So you're going to be home ALL WEEK?" Jake asked.

Funny.

My family is funny!

"Can you check your schedule and see what works for you in July?" The client asked.

"YOU check the schedule," I said. "I'm not attending if the Yankees are on the road," I said.

There was laughter on the other end of the line.

"Oh, we could probably get you there if we promise another night out at an Italian Restaurant."

Probably.

So.

Watch the game tonight.

There will probably be a no-hitter or something.

At least my family is happy I'm home, right?

Right!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie